Sunday, June 12, 2016

Gangster - will be given exercises Weapons


JAKARTA - Program "defend the country" which launched the Government of President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) into the spotlight, after the Indonesian military is planning to give training a weapon to "gangster" in Bali.

Defense expert John Solomon said arming civilians is not a good idea, unless there legalization.

Defend the state program in Bali held by Indonesian soldiers in next August to provide a semi-military training and weapons for the men unemployed and "gangster".

Program of the Government of President Jokowi is actually aimed against the erosion of the values ​​of nationalism. In addition, this program also to deter "foreign influences" like communism, religious extremism.

"The introduction of weapons is part of the material so they do not get bored. So that they can feel what it's like the military, "said a spokesman for the military command of Bali, Hotman Hutahaean, told Reuters on Saturday (11/06/2016).

"There will be other materials, such as marching and physical training. So that people can know their rights and obligations, especially gangster, because they must be prepared to be good citizens, "he said.

Hutahaean confirmed that the training for "gangster" will begin in August. He expect about 100 people to sign up.

He did not specify what is meant by "gangster", including whether they have a criminal record or not.
Defense expert John Solomon criticized weapons training for "gangster" in defending the country program.

"They basically empower young people with a murky background that will go into the game the army," he said.

"Arming civilians or even train them in this way is not a good idea, unless you arrange them properly and have laws and regulations to control it," he said.

Other reports mention weapons training for "gangster" it will be limited to how to assemble the weapons and the introduction of weapons through photos.

Russian troops can make NATO Overwhelmed in 60 Hours


Russian combat equipment currently on display in 2015. | (Reuters / Sergei Karpukhin)
WASHINGTON - Deputy US Assistant Secretary of Defense for Russia, Ukraine and Eurasia, Michael Carpenter, warned that Russian forces capable of invading and making NATO overwhelmed in just 60 hours.
According to him, even though NATO has piled up military forces in Europe, especially near the border with Russia, it is still not enough.
Warning of this Carpenter comes before the Foreign Relations Committee of the US Senate earlier this week. Carpenter warning refers to the report of the group
think tank RAND Corporation who asked Senator Senator Cory Gardner. The report expressed concern that Russian forces could create NATO overwhelmed in just 60 hours.
"At the end of 2017, when we implement all ERI funding (European reassurance Initiative) which appears online, our readiness would be far better to address the challenges and much better prepared to deter Russian aggression in the region than it does now," he said.
"I do not know that we are significantly more advanced now than it was when the report RAND out, but I'm sure at the end of 2017, when we have a team of combat brigades additional armor commensurate with the defense posture on the east side of NATO, we would be (able to)," continued he was quoted as saying
Sputniknews, Friday (10/06/2016).
This warning comes as the Secretary General of NATO; Jens Stoltenberg, trying to increase defense spending is greater for the military alliance.
"Tensions are rising, we live in a world that is more dangerous, we saw a more assertive Russia to the east and we see all the turmoil and violence in the south," Stoltenberg said during a news conference Thursday.
"It's okay for reducing (military spending) when the tension will subside, as long as we are able to increase the defense budget as the tension increases, and that's what I expect to do NATO allies," he continued.
NATO has repeatedly called on its members to spend at least 2% of their GDP for defense sector.
Russia has regarded the presence of NATO troops near their border as a security threat.
President Vladimir Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, said earlier this week that the military exercises in Poland does not contribute to the creation of an atmosphere of mutual trust. NATO war games involving up to 30 thousand troops is the largest since World War II.